Are you writing a proposal that involves supercomputing or data-enabled research? Here are some helpful resources:
- Ready-to-go text about the Roar supercomputer
- Links to other Penn State proposal support services
- Services for ICDS co-hires
Ready-to-go Text for Your Proposal
You can use these text blocks as is, or select only the details relevant to your proposal.
If not all the text in a block is relevant to your proposal, select only the details you need. If you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Penn State Resources for Grant-Writing
- Strategic Interdisciplinary Research Office (SIRO) – supports large, multi-faculty projects spanning two or more colleges or institutes.
- Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) – provides central coordination and oversight of all research awards that come into Penn State. Helps faculty find funding opportunities.
- Limited Submission Program – manages the response to certain funding opportunities for which Penn State can only submit a limited number of applications. Learn more about these opportunities and find calls for interest.
- Office for Research Protections (ORP) – provides education about research areas with ethical regulations, such as human subjects research.
ICDS Proposal Support Services
If you’re an ICDS co-hire, use the form below to request special support services. We offer two types of service: 1) Proposal Development and 2) Editing.
This service is for clients who have not yet drafted the technical volume of the proposal. You provide the ideas and subject-area expertise; then ICDS communications experts work closely with you to translate these ideas into effective language. Services may include:
- Pre-writing: strategizing how to frame the argument
- Outlining: breaking down the technical volume into sections, subsections, and paragraphs
- Project Management: identifying who will write each section and due dates
- Drafting: writing sections (where ICDS staff have required knowledge)
- Editing: review of a complete draft for clarity and correctness
Request development services at least six weeks before the due date.
If you already have a draft of the technical volume, our team can review the draft for organization and grammar/punctuation and to enhance clarity and ease of reading.
Request editing services at least two weeks before the due date.
NOTE: ICDS services DO NOT replace the role of your college’s grants and contracts office. If your grants and contracts office offers similar services, you should use them first. PLEASE NOTE: If the RFP is for > $1 million and involves more than 2 colleges, please approach the Strategic Interdisciplinary Research Office first.
Currently, only ICDS Co-hires may request Proposal Support Services. As we grow our team, we may expand our services. All form fields are required.